WHO WE ARE
Capital Match is the leading supply chain finance platform in Southeast Asia based in Singapore. We are an innovative fintech business with a range of financial solutions to corporates, SMEs and investors. We have facilitated financing of more than US$100 million in Singapore and Hong Kong over the past 3 years. We are funded by multiple VCs and institutional investors including Dymon Asia Capital, an alternative asset manager with $6bn AUM and Eduardo Saverin's B Capital Group.
In November 2018 we have merged with SESAMi, the largest e-procurement platform in Singapore, to build a fully integrated supply chain finance platform. Our next mission is to expand to other countries in Southeast Asia through greenfield development, partnerships and/or acquisitions.
Capital Match is looking for a Lead Data Scientist who will be based in Singapore and bring impact to every stage of our work flow including customer acquisition, operational automation, risk and underwriting, portfolio servicing, marketing and product development. We are looking for a top performer to join our team in Singapore and build a leading fintech business in Southeast Asia.
The Lead Data Scientist will be working with functional teams in every major area (sales, credit, tech, and product) and this would be a cross-functional role improving decision making processes and outcomes across the company.
Our platform is primarily developed in Haskell with a ClojureScript frontend. We use Docker containers, Nix and standard cloud infrastructure systems to manage our production rollouts. We use continuous testing, integration and deployment wherever possible.
For Data Science purposes, the Lead Data Scientist will be at liberty to choose the languages and tech stack to operate on.
- Utilize big data and machine learning to build predictive models including but not limited to customer acquisition, credit risk, fraud, marketing, etc.
- Evaluate available data sources and propose strategic acquisition or creation of new data sources to assist ongoing problem resolution.
- Work with multiple, complex data sources (financial, psychometric, transactional etc.) at large scale.
- Perform thorough testing and validation of models and support various aspects of the business with data analytics.
- Identify new data sources/patterns that add significant lift to predictive modelling capabilities.
- Minimum 3-5 years of coding, machine learning and large-scale data analysis experience.
- Past experience in credit risk technology and providing solutions for financial institutions would be highly valuable.
- Background in fintech, credit risk and/or especially lending/invoice financing space would be a great advantage.
- Minimum exposure to and understanding of XP practices (TDD, CI, Emergent Design, Refactoring, Peer review and programming, Continuous improvement) is expected.
- Familiarity with Linux systems and command-line environment would be helpful to perform well in this role.
- An individual who is eager to use data to come up with new ideas to improve decisions, who is driven by making impact through actionable insights and improvements, and who is not afraid to take risks and try new things.
- Willing to relocate and be based in Singapore.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary of SGD 5,000-10,000/month (depending on experience and qualifications).
- Equity options for outstanding candidates.
- Multicultural working environment with young team and little hierarchy.
- Unparalleled opportunity to build a leading fintech company with global reach.
- Visa sponsorship will be provided to the right candidate.
- Foreigners who relocate from most of the countries do not need to pay their country income tax and for the proposed remuneration income tax in Singapore is <10%.
- Singapore is a great place to live, a vibrant city rich with diverse cultures, a very strong financial sector and a central location in Southeast Asia.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV.