We’ve embarked on a mission to accelerate world’s transition to a permissionless economy. We’re looking for a software engineer to join our forces and help make the Internet a better place! Here’s what you’ll need to know:
- How to work with public key cryptography
- How core Internet protocols work, especially DNS, HTTP(S), TCP, UDP
- How peer-to-peer networks work
- How to use Linux CLI and be familiar with FOSS in general
- Best practices in software engineering (design patterns, testing, basic algorithms)
- How to work with network APIs (REST, RPC, Protocol Buffers and alike)
- Have a basic sense of software security
- How to properly use source code versioning systems
- Understand why open protocols are imperative to a healthy Internet
If you’re not familiar with some of these topics, that’s fine - we put heavy emphasis on learning and skill development anyways. Just make sure you know most of this stuff before you apply.
What about programming languages you ask? Well, if you’re only willing to work in one language or framework don’t bother. We do most of our work in Go, but generally, we will use the right tool for the job, whatever it might be.
Skills / Requirements :
- Writing scalable, testable, efficient, and maintainable code
- 2 years experience in Go or 2 years experience in Python
- Experience with Django, Flask or other Python frameworks
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako
- Familiarity with some ORM libraries
- Good knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, idioms and channel patterns
- Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools
Apply now! :)
- GogoApps team
GogoApps Sp. z o.o.
GogoApps clients benefit from our full-stack and agile/lean development expertise, deep understanding of our clients’ market needs, and fluency in English. We’re at the “sweet spot” of cultural understanding and competitive prices, made possible by years of VC-backed startup experience in Europe and the US, and our culture of collaboration, innovation, and open communication.